History of Faculty of Engineering

1959

1964

1971

1974

1986

1991

2007

KMUTNB was established from the cooperation between Thai government and the Federal Republic of Germany. It was known as the “North Bangkok Technical School” but generally called “Thai-German Technical School”

The school became “North Bangkok Technical College” 

Mechanical Engineering and Electrical Engineering programs were established

North Bangkok Technical College, Thonburi Technical College and Telecommunication College Nonthaburi were merged and given a new name as 

 

“King Mongkut’s Institute of Technology” 

with three campuses: North Bangkok, Thonburi, Ladkrabang

Founding of Faculty of Engineering (ENG). 

Early years, Faculty of Engineering only admitted students with vocational degrees

King Mongkut’s Institute of Technology was separated into three autonomous universities

 

Faculty of Engineering admitted high school students

 

King Mongkut’s Institute of Technology North Bangkok became King Mongkut’s University of Technology North Bangkok, an autonomous state university

The faculty now offers more than 30 programs from 9 departments:

  • Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering (MAE)
  • Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE)
  • Department of Production Engineering (PE)
  • Department of Chemical Engineering (ChE)
  • Department of Industrial Engineering (IE)
  • Department of Civil Engineering (CE)
  • Department of Material Handling Engineering (MHE)
  • Department of Material and Production Technology Engineering (MPTE)
  • Department of Instrumentation and Electronics Engineering (IEET