Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
Mechanical Engineering (International Program)
Founded in 1964, Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering was one with the longest history in Faculty of Engineering at King Mongkut’s University of Technology North Bangkok. It was originally known back then as the Division of Mechanics in Thai-German Technical College. For over 50 years, it has been continuously improving and evolving to match the increasing highest standards of education and changing demands of industrial sectors.
Throughout this journey, Aerospace Engineering curriculum was added (1998), co-operative (co-op) program that allows students to experience industrial environment was offered (2000), the department was renamed as “Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering (MAE) Department” (2007) and the first international program was offered (2018).
Currently, the department offers a number of outstanding engineering curriculums, each of which has its own unique features and job opportunities. Carefully designed under Outcome-Based Learning (OBE) guidelines, curriculums emphasized both technical engineering skills and soft skills. The learning materials are systematically ordered in a logical way with appropriate use of computing technologies – including simulations, designs, problem solving, and innovative thinking as per “Thailand 4.0” policy. Students will understand and be familiar with computing and designing with modern computing techniques
- Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering (International Program)
- Bachelor of Engineering in Aerospace Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering in Aerospace Engineering (International Program) 1
- Master of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering 2
- Master of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering (English Program)
- Master of Engineering in Aerospace Engineering
- Doctor of Philosophy in Mechanical Engineering
1 Students in this program also have an option to enroll concurrently in our approved Commercial Pilot License (CPL) program (with additional requirements and costs).
2 Special program (SMME) available for students who wish to enroll while working full-time.